Thursday, December 20, 2012

New Beauty Test Tube Fall 2012

I just got my first New Beauty Test Tube in the mail today. I wasn't sure about this one because with shipping and tax it costs $39.00, and I wasn't sure if the products in it would be relevant to my skin care needs, but then I do like surprises and I thought I would try it. This is a quarterly subscription and you can cancel anytime (But I'm not going to because it is great!)  Here are my thoughts.

As always I did the math for you on the sample sizes so you know the value of them :)


These products I am keeping for myself.

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Natural Medium size .11oz Value $9.45
Conceals and helps with under eye puffiness and inflammation. It's exactly the concealer I need. 

Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask Full Size 2.53oz value $15.99
Another hair mask to battle the frizzy and split ends of winter. Yay!

Kneipp Pure Bliss Mineral Bath Salts Red Poppy and Hemp full size single bag 2.1oz value $5.00
I can smell this through the bag and it smells wonderful. I will be using it as a scrub.

Dr Brant Dark Circles Away .085oz value $9.35
I can always use something for dark circles and puffiness. So many allergies lol. This is a great travel size too.

Philosophy Hope in a Jar .4 oz value $7.80
This is an oil free hydrating moisturizer. I have heard a lot of good things about this brand and can't wait to try. Another good travel size item.

Value of what I am keeping $47.59

These items are not right for my skin type or concerns so I am giving them to my mom for her Stocking. She never buys herself these kinds of products and I have introduced her to several items she likes through the samples I have given her. She deserves some pampering too. :)

Yon-Ka Vital Defence full size value 1.76oz  $72.00
This is supposed to help with fine lines and wrinkles and renew the skin. 

Olay Professional Pro-X Deep Wrinkle Treatment full size 1oz value $47.00
For my mom this is more preventative. :)

Cellceuticals PhotoDefense Color Radiance SPF 55 full size 2oz value $47.50 
This is a tinted moisturizer and sunscreen. This will be great for my mom because she is very sun sensitive. The fact that it has the color in it already means she can skip a step with her makeup which is something she likes. She is not one to spend a lot of time getting ready. 

Total Value of what I am giving my mom.  $166.50 

Total Value of the tube $214.09

I will be keeping this subscription because whatever isn't right for me makes great gifts for my mom. The value is ridiculously good.

Later all!
PBB 




No comments:

Post a Comment